The world’s first in-vivo tear osmolarity testing deviceI-PEN®, the world’s first, hand-held in-vivo¬ device that measures elevated tear film osmolarity levels associated with mild, moderate and severe DED. The I-PEN®, an in practice dry eye screening device, provides rapid and reliable tear osmolarity levels patient presenting with dry eye symptoms as well as pre- and post-surgical cases. The tear osmolarity number, is an invaluable tool to monitor and to easily communicate to a patient’s the state and progression of their DED. I-PEN® results are reproducible, accurate and reliable. The I-PEN® requires:
- • Quantitative measurement – easy to record and follow over time
- • Rapid results – less than 5 seconds
- • Handheld, light & simple to use
- • Affordable point-of-care testing
- • Single-Use-Sensors (SUS) sold separately (link to SUS page)
- • Replacement battery CR2032 (available at most retailers)
See how to use I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity Device
- • The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is a handheld device that measures the osmolarity (concentration of dissolved salts in solution) of human tears in normal and dry eye disease (DED) patients.
- • The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity system, used with the I-PEN® Single Use Sensors (SUS), provides a quick and simple method for determining tear osmolarity by measuring the tear soaked palpebral conjunctiva. After several seconds of contact with the eyelid tissue, the I-PEN® displays a numerical tear osmolarity test result on the liquid crystal display (LCD) in units of mOsms/L with no calculations required. The I-PEN® measures the electrical impedance in the tear soaked tissues 192 times in under 5 seconds and calculates corresponding the osmolarity of the tear film of the eye.
I-Pen® Single use sensor
Disposable sensors designed for the safety of your patients
Single Use Sensors (SUS) are designed for in-vivo use with the I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System.
- • Accurate and Reliable
- • Individually Wrapped
- • Single Use
- • Affordable