- • Quantitative measurement – easy to record and follow over time
- • Rapid results – less than 5 seconds
- • Handheld, light & simple to use
- • Affordable point-of-care testing
- • Single-Use-Sensors (SUS) sold separately (link to SUS page)
- • Replacement battery CR2032 (available at most retailers)
- • The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System is a handheld device that measures the osmolarity (concentration of dissolved salts in solution) of human tears in normal and dry eye disease (DED) patients.
- • The I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity system, used with the I-PEN® Single-Use- Sensors (SUS), provides a quick and simple method for determining tear osmolarity by measuring the tear soaked palpebral conjunctiva. After approximately 2 seconds of contact with the eyelid tissue, the I-PEN® displays a numerical tear osmolarity test result on the liquid crystal display (LCD) in units of mOsms/L with no calculations required. The I-PEN® measures the electrical impedance in the tear soaked tissues 192 times in approximately 2 seconds and calculates the corresponding osmolarity of the tear film of the eye.
For more information about the I-PEN® or to arrange for an in-office demonstration, please contact your local I-MED Pharma Sales Representative.
Disposable sensors designed for the safety of your patients
Single-Use-Sensors (SUS) are designed for in-vivo use with the I-PEN® Tear Osmolarity System.
- • Accurate and Reliable
- • Individually Wrapped
- • Single Use
- • Affordable
I-PEN® Osmolarity Tracker Cards
Patients can leave your office with a tangible measurement of osmolarity
(50 free cards with every I-PEN purchase)