What are punctum plugs?
Punctum plugs, also called punctal occluders, block the punctum (tear duct), which is the drainage duct that carries tears away from the surface of the eye. By blocking these, tears are prevented from draining away too quickly leaving the eye dry. This procedure is widely-performed, safe, quick, painless, and totally reversible.
I-MED offers the widest variety of punctum plugs in Canada:
I-PLUG® FIT punctum plugs are designed for simple sizing, easy insertion, patient comfort and retention – providing a proven treatment for chronic dry eye. Each I-PLUG® FIT punctum plug is molded from medical grade silicone.
- ✔ Two sizes fit most patients for simple sizing
- ✔ Flexible fit nose design provides easy insertion and superior retention
- ✔ Low-profile dome for increased patient comfort
- ✔ Choose from sterile preloaded or non-sterile bulk
- ✔ Available in x-small, small, medium & large
I-PLUG® Punctum Plug
Designed to provide reduction or elimination of tear drainage through the inferior or superior puncta.
- • Molded from medical grade silicone Available in the following 2 formats:
- • Sterile, preloaded on an inserter (Small, Medium, Large and X-Large)
- • Non-sterile, not loaded - for use with manual inserter (Small, Medium and Large)